[xquery-talk] xquery 3.1 wishlist

Christophe Geiser christophe.geiser at e-smile.org
Mon Jul 6 00:30:37 PDT 2015

Dear all,
Thanks Wouter for initiating this discussion.

I’d like to add another feature request to the current implementation of
the language : the ability to retrieve the current function being executed.
I could not find a work-around for implementing this, and - now with
functions being first-class citizens of the language - felt the need for
this capability in some edge cases.

Something like :

declare function local:test($arg) {
  let $function := function-item() (: would return local:test#1 as
function item :)
  return ()
};

Thanks and best regards,
Christophe Geiser

------------------------------

Hello,
I’ve been working with the recent xquery 3.1 implementation in the develop
branch eXist-db. I encountered some cases that were quite hard to work
around:

   - the lack of array:index-of() - the lack of the iterator index in
   arrayfor-each and related higher-order functions
   Perhaps someone of the workgroup is available to discuss those
cases. Thanks,
   Wouter

W.S. Hager Lagua Web Solutions http://lagua.nl
​
--

<https://www.e-smile.org>

<https://plus.google.com/+E-smileOrg> <https://twitter.com/esmileSolution>
<https://github.com/e-smile>

*Christophe Geiser*Founder of e-smile

e-smile.org

Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to
accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.