[xquery-talk] [xml-dev] Mistakes made in the design of XQuery 3.1

Ihe Onwuka ihe.onwuka at gmail.com
Thu May 28 11:59:23 PDT 2015

On Thu, May 28, 2015 at 2:19 PM, daniela florescu <dflorescu at me.com> wrote:

> Ihe,
>
> I am not sure I understand what you mean…

Well I'm being slightly tongue in cheek wise after the event.

> XQuery was baptized XQuery around 2001, when no JSON was around (yet)….

No  Java was ......

> True that JSON was created later in the same year 2001, however  it did
> not become widely popular
> about until much later.

....but Java was already very very popular.

Now supposing an individual had cobbled together a language in 10 days that
was so crap that it's leading protagonist actually had to write a book
highlighting it's good parts. Read the first paragraph here.

https://www.w3.org/community/webed/wiki/A_Short_History_of_JavaScript

Imagine if they left the name as LiveScript or ECMAScript and note in the
last sentence of paragraph 1 why they didn't.