[xquery-talk] [ANN] Xidel 0.9.6 released
Benito van der Zander
benito at benibela.de
Sun Nov 20 07:02:00 PST 2016
Xidel is a command line tool to download X/HTML pages or access
JSON-APIs and extract data from there. It supports XPath 3.0, XQuery 3.0
+ JSONiq expressions, compatibility modes for older XPath/XQuery
versions as well as CSS 3 selectors and pattern-matching templates.
The 0.9.6 version
* disables all extensions on an xquery version declaration unless a
version code like "3.0-xidel" or "3.0-jsoniq" is used.
* #!xidel in the first line is ignored, so it can be used for
executable XQuery scripts.
* adds a function x:request for HTTP or follow-like requests inside a
query. It is similar to the EXPath http-client module, but uses a
map for options rather than an XML element.
* new functions: x:argc, x:argv, x:integer, x:integer-to-base. Latter
two can e.g. handle hexadecimal numbers.
* fixes that entities were not decoded, if --output-encoding was not set
* improves default encoding settings when converting between Windows
terminal encoding and utf8 for piped files
* a new JSON parser with two distinct modes: input formats
json/json-strict for accepting/rejecting invalid JSON
* JSON output is prettified.
* has various fixes, performance improvements and internal restructuring
You can learn more on the homepage here: http://www.videlibri.de/xidel.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the talk