[xquery-talk] XQuery on the Middle Tier - a REST Approach using XQJ

Jonathan Robie jonathan.robie at datadirect.com
Fri Jan 20 09:41:05 PST 2006

There is progress, but it is slow. I didn't mention it in the article,
but the XQJ examples I gave are based on EDR 1, the most recently
published draft, which came out in mid-2004. I believe we will see
another draft soon. I'm not on this Expert Group, but my understanding
is that they intend to release a final version shortly after XQuery
becomes a Recommendation.

XQJ is being developed under Java Community Process as JSR 225. Andrew
Eisenberg and Jim Melton are the spec leads - if you want to get
involved, you should probably contact them.

Jonathan