[xquery-talk] xquery technology now ready?

e-letter inpost at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 08:11:58 PST 2013

On 11/12/2013, Misztur, Chris <CMisztur at macleanfogg.com> wrote:
> For me it is what fits right now and xquery fits perfectly.
>
> Can you describe practical and cost effective?

A web host service provider has advertised a service less than US$ 2
per month, which features the range standard web host tools, in this
case an sql database and web server script language

So being technology agnostic, whilst xquery and xml technologies are
interesting per se for a novice who has negligible prior knowledge,
learning sql and php would suffice for the personal objective,
creating a simple web site where information in a database can be
viewed in a web page. Xforms is a great concept, but if it doesn't
work with opera, or firefox or another w3-compliant browser, its
advantage is lost.

Excuse my ignorance of the web host market, but if it was possible for
a customer to say to a US$ 2 supplier "please install [xquery web
server software name] and I'll use your service", I'd sign up and be
more likely to learn xquery. From what others have written so far, the
market state now seems a bit pre-mature.