[xquery-talk] xquery technology now ready?

Dirk Kirsten dk at basex.org
Wed Dec 11 13:00:27 PST 2013

>> Convincing budget low end web hosting providers to provide it may take a
>> while if ever.
>
> I don't understand this (being ignorant of the web host market,
> admittedly). If a gnu gpl xquery server software exists why would they
> be reluctant to add this to their service if a customer demands and
> pays for it?

I guess because you are discussing 2$ web hosts. And if you pay 2$, do
you really expect any service at all? So you would need to have an
actual human being (who is paid, and I guess a bit more than 2 dollars
an hour) to do something for you.
I am sure if you are willing to pay a reasonable price for it, most web
hosts will install all kinds of software for you. It is just not the
price range you are talking about.

Cheers,
Dirk

--
Dirk Kirsten, BaseX GmbH, http://basex.org
|-- Firmensitz: Blarerstrasse 56, 78462 Konstanz
|   Dr. Christian Grün, Dr. Alexander Holupirek, Michael Seiferle
`-- Phone: 0049 7531 28 28 676, Fax: 0049 7531 20 05 22